CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 19, 2009

Hello Hello again....

Well it has been a whirlwind of a vacation, and as we enter the last week of it I am apprehensive and excited to return to the mountains.

First we went to Oklahoma and stayed with my mom. It was difficult being in her home without my dad there and even though I know he is gone, those thoughts and emotions filled my mind. With all of the family photos around the house it was a reminder of the fact that he was missing from my life. The words of encouragement and hope for the future that he would always give. The deep voice telling you that he is proud of you and the choices tat you have made. Of the mother and wife that you are.

It was good to see my mom yet hard to see her struggle to find her footing in her new life.

Then it was on to Texas where the days and nights were filled with laughter, swimming, eating and being with good friends. I miss the ability to just be. It is so freeing to just be home and be in good company with old friends. I loved seeing all the kids and how much they have changed. Ladies night out playing games and laughing.

Now we are back in Oklahoma and my husband will be here tomorrow. This is the 1st time in 14 years that I have gone 3 weeks without seeing him. So I am excited to have the other half of the parent to my children with me! The boys are excited to see there dad.

As this life inside me grows I find myself thinking of how different my family will look and how we will all change. What the next phase of our life will look like!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to make me tear up with that last paragraph RACHEL! I am so glad I was one of the lucky ones to see you and hang out!

Next time someone there in Utah gets a little crazy just look 'em straight in the eye and shout "eff that noise!"

:o)

Karen said...

hey sweetie! glad to hear you are having a good time and able to spend time with your family and friends!! miss you!!

Sonia said...

THANK YOU for your visit, I really needed it! I needed YOU! Hanging out with you again was just like the old days and so relaxing and I willcome visit you soon:)