CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Friendship is a beautiful thing

We made it home safe and sound. We decided on short notice to go see some friends that moved back to Vegas this summer. It was so good to just be with them! I love them, our families blend together so naturally!

It never ceases to amaze me how friendships weave throughout my life making up the fabric of who I am. I am so blessed to have some of the most amazing women in my life. Tonight is all about Olivia.

We became friends in a away that I am sure alot of women do. We went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch with our kindergarten class. Our son's were already fast friends. She was quite and stand offish at first. I just kept bugging her until she was my friend. Me with my 4 boys and her with her 3 how could we not be friends. Soon we were tied together in more then one way. Her husband was looking for a new career and sooner then later he went to work for the same company as my husband. So that is how we became friends in the short version.

Olivia is and amazing woman. I admire her so much. She is very faithful to anyone but mostly to those she loves. She always knows how to make you laugh. She has a heart of gold. She is the kind of person who treats others how she wants to be treated. She isn't afraid to love. She does not let to many things get her down. She is beautiful even when she cries. She has a smile on her face when she wakes up in the morning. She is the kind of person that you can always take at their word. She is very honest, forgiving, compassionate, grace filled and oh so giving. Her laugh is infectious, her charm contagious and her love never failing.

I hope some of her character rubs off on me. Just being with her makes you happy. I am so blessed to call her my friend. Because I am given so much by just having her in my life!

I love you Liv thanks for havign us, feeding us, putting up with all our boy noise and I hope the smell leaves soon! Kiss the boys, and tell LL we love and miss him too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sounds amazing! You're lucky to have her...but I have to say. Is that how you choose all your friends? Pick the quiet stand-offish types and "bug them" till they're yours? :)

You know I'm teasing you! I'm glad you had a good time. Did you eat at the Bear Claw Cafe?

Liv said...

Tears or laughter?? Well you achieved both. We had such a great time with you guys..Like I have said so many times..our meeting has truly changed my life..I feel like our Texas journey has left such an impression on who I am today. I feel so blessed to call you my friend. I love you.