CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 3, 2008

The weekend in retrospect

Instead of trick-or-treating we went to the church Harvest Festival. The boys had so much fun! They had all kinds of games and food, plus they snagged about 15lbs. of candy no joke. I wish they did not get so much, but we are going to send some of it to work with dad and also put some in the operation Christmas child boxes we are doing as a service project. I think that it is so important for my boys to know how to give back. They enjoy picking out gifts for others and helping package the boxes! I want them to know that in life it is easy come easy go. To always share and give back to those who are in need. To be an important part of a community that helps one another. the boys were sick all last week. That is the one thing that I hate about having a large family it takes so long to get over things. I finished our Christmas cards and hope to get them out after Thanksgiving. Hope that you are having a wonderful day I am off to clean!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, you are such a good mom!! Sounds like so much fun ;)
I have my Christmas cards picked out and ready to order!

Sonia said...

Awww, what a great idea. The kids picked out a few pieces of candy and the rest was given away.
I'm working on Christmas cards too, I hope to get them finished next week :)
PS are you getting rid of any stamps??