CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

For 1 day and 1 day only

Well, the sun is shining even though it is very cold. None the less it helps release the cobwebs from my head. I was meant to live in warm climates with maybe 2 or 3 months of winter not 8 months of winter.



I stared of the day with thoughts of my father. His best friend Greg has early on set Alzheimer's and it makes me sad. I have known Greg most of my life. He has been like a grandfather to me. I love him! All I could think of was my dad, how he and Greg did everything together they would watch a movie and fall asleep in recliners together. If one went on a road trip the other went along for the ride to keep the other company. Friends like that are hard to find. To see on was to see the other. They had been that way, they could always pick up where they left off with one another.

I am so glad that the last few years of my dad's life Greg and him were together. he loved Greg like a brother. Greg was always so caring and giving to my parent's. My dad was always talking about Greg. I adore him and it is hard for me to think of him not remembering things. So I pray that God in all His mercy is gracious to him just like he was to my father.

I love you Greg thank you for teaching me so many things. I have never forgotten the lessons that you taught me the summer at the Texas State Fair that I worked with you. I admire you in so many ways, your dedication, your hard work, your gentle and loving nature. Thank you for being apart of my life. Thank you for all of your help with dad's funeral I know how hard that was for you. Thank you for all of your jokes and for always teasing me. Like dad always said those are the things that build character:)

0 comments: