CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 29, 2008

To talk less and listen more (long post)

My Mew Year resolutions of course are going to reflect what has been going on in the last year. Coming back to center has taught me alot about myself some good some bad.

1. Talk less and listen more
2. Grow deeper
3. Say I love you more
4. Be a better friend
5. Organizes and prioritize my life and belongings
(even though that has already started)
6. Laugh more
7. Build stronger family bonds
8. Not care what others think about how I live my life
(only how I feel about how I live my life, because in the end i am the one who answers for me)
9. Study more
10. Cry less

I know this may not seem big to you, but to me right now in life it is. Losing a driving force that was such a vital part of who I am, has knocked the wind out of me. I need to see things through to the end and take a look at what my life will say of me!


This is a song my sister sang at my dad's funeral it has taken on a whole new meaning for me!
Listen to the words carefully

Legacy by Nicole Norderman

Words:

I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me

And I enjoy an accolade like the rest

You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery

Of all who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best At such'n'such ... it wouldn't matter much
I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights

We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl'

But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides

The temporary trappings of this world

I want to leave a legacy

How will they remember me?

Did I choose to love?

Did I point to You enough To make a mark on things?

I want to leave an offering

A child of mercy and grace who blessed your name unapologetically

And leave that kind of legacy
I don't have to look too far or too long awhile

To make a lengthy list of all that I enjoy

It's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile Where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy

Not well traveled, not well read, not well-to-do or well bred

Just want to hear instead, "Well Done" good and faithful one...

So that is where I am right now!

2 comments:

Sonia said...

WOW!
I am working on mine right now.
I hope you know what a special person you already are!!!
Luv Ya!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, besides my Grandma, you are the most amazing person I've ever met. The reasons are lengthy and far too mushy to post on here but I'm so lucky to have met you and even more that we are friends!
I like numbers 6 and 10 the most. I hate to think of you being sad - As for number 8, I NEVER had the impression you gave a hoot what any one thinks of you ;) That's a good thing!